Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 2


I slept like a baby last night! And I felt great this morning! I woke up, made a big batch of green juice, one for breakfast and one portion to take on the road. Today was my daughter's big Shakespeare performance at Denver Center for the Performing Arts! I drank my second batch on the road, and quickly grew hungry, so I cheated with a clean salad at the celebration lunch. 

Also, I felt a little discouraged when I already had to go to Vitamin Cottage for even more supplies. So far, all this produce is 100 dollars in in just a few days. Wow! By the time I got home, it was 4pm and I was feeling shaky.  Another cheat:


I definitely don't feel guilty cheating just a little bit. I figure its healthiest to eat something when I'm hungry, and cheat just a little now - rather than freak out later and inhale a pizza. I made a healthy juice to drink, and drank some right away - and saved some for later. I was not that impressed with the red cabbage taste. 



Day 2 and I'm already running into snags. Mostly, I found myself pressed for time to actually make the juice awhile organizing my family's day. Also, this IS expensive! I started looking into the cost of different pre made cleanses and they are ridiculously pricey. 

Then, I found out there is a fresh pressed juice cafe that just opened in my neighborhood! Yay!


I plan on heading there later tomorrow and finding out if it would be more cost effective and healthy to buy my daily juice supply here. At this rate, I feel like I'm wasting a lot of pricy organic produce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment