Thursday, March 6, 2014

21 Day Juice Fast

Today I started a 21 day juicing cleanse! Yee Hah! In 2011/12, after my son was born, I worked out like a maniac and ate mostly Paleo, and lost a ton of weight and 3 sizes. I was able to keep it off for a year eating reasonably and working out moderately. Soon, I experienced work-out burn-out. The weight started coming back. Now, I'm slightly chubby again, and have a hard time feeling like joining group work-outs. I'm totally in anti-social workout mode.

Also, a few months ago, my appendix randomly burst. I had no idea what was happening because I was traveling at the time. Luckily, I got to the ER on time for them to pump me full of antibiotics and remove my appendix.

Two months later, and it hurts to work out as hard as I used to. Also, my stomach cannot tolerate meat, barely any dairy, and not a lot of solid food at all. The other day, I woke up feeling like crap and decided it was time for a good old green juice cleanse. 

My two inspirations are:

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

and 

http://www.enlightenedbeings.com/juicing-cleanse.html

Joe Cross fasted for 60 days. I figure setting a goal of 21 days like Jafree of Enlightened Beings is a more realalistic goal for me. 

I've been all through the ego boost of working out, getting thin, fitting into gorgeous clothes. It was amazing, but there was something missing.

Now, I'm juice fasting for health and clarity. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

  1. Yo go girl! I saw Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. Very enlightening for sure! I certainly think this can be very healing...if you have the willpower. ( I don't! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the willpower. When it comes to food, it's just not something that I possess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tam, it's just levels of comfort and willpower - but I'm hoping to make it fun and not too hard to do. I have already been mostly steering clear of restaurants as GMO awareness becomes more mainstream. I have also been on a pretty limited vegetarian diet since the surgery. I LOVE to eat, and food is my main go to- comfort when I'm stressed. I plan on doing Kundalini Yoga, taking walks, blogging, hot baths, etc to reprogram other ways of self soothing. I plan on using this blog to hold myself accountable for the 21 days. And once this goal is achieved, using how great I'll feel as a springboard for starting other fantastic new goals.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much! There is so much evidence that juicing helps reset the body. I feel great today, but I have allowed myself to cheat a little. I know I'll stick with it better if I'm comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Gabby and Good Luck with the 21-day detox ! Liquid only for a day or more is a great way to "reset".
    I found one drink that makes me Full and Energized: 12 ounces of water+1 tbls braggs apple cider vinegar + raw honey+cayenne+cinnamon+half a lemon. EnJoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Braggs! I have been been using it lately to freshen the laundry. I do the Braggs drink sometimes too. Lots of love, Lor!

    ReplyDelete